It is also hard to think that neither Teri or I have had a solid night's sleep in over a month. I can't speak for Teri, but I can say that it hasn't affected me too terribly except for that fact that every day I feel like I am a little more crabby about having to perform everyday tasks (doing the dishes, laundry, making meals,... walking up stairs).
Jameson continues to be a pretty easy baby though. He hardly ever fusses, goes right back to sleep after night feedings, and will usually sleep for about 3 hours at a time. Teri and I are switching off for the night feedings, which granting each of us the opportunity to get at least a 4-5 hour block of sleep per night. With what we expected after Ari, I can definitely live with that. Teri probably gets less than that though, since she still battles with her cough during the night. She went down to the Mayo last Friday for a check-up. He energy is doing pretty well considering her sleep schedule, but her mucus is pretty thick still. I don't think allergy season helps much either.
Her sinuses are also posing an issue for her and giving her some major, intense headaches. She has had sinus surgeries in the past to clean them out (which is pretty common in CF patients since they build up and create blockage pretty easily), but hasn't had one for at least a couple years I think, so it is a possibility she is due for another. During the surgery, they knock you out and use some tools to basically scrape your sinuses clean. Not pleasant to think about, but it usually provides some relief for awhile. It is more of a "cleanse" than a surgery I'd say. The only scary part about it is the anesthesia, since they don't often like to put CF patients under for some reason (I imagine it has to do with their ability to still breath well while unconscious).

Ari is still enjoying Jameson's company. We sometimes feel bad when she wants to play or go outside, and we can't because Jameson needs to be held/fed. It is hard for her to understand why we can't just put him down and do what she wants, but she is getting more used to it with time. She loves to interact with him. She is always trying to hold his hand and get right up in his face and talk baby talk (she copies the things we say to him). For instance if he starts crying, she holds his hand and says "oh, hi mister! hi. you're okay! You're okay buddy". It is really cute. But sometimes it is tough getting her to back up when we are trying to change him or something, because she likes to be inches away from him. I think that is a good problem to have though. Hopefully they will continue to get along this well in the future. Jameson will have a great sibling to model himself after though, that is for sure. (Here she is with her bike helmet on that she got for Easter)
Overall, we are doing pretty well and are ready for summer to get here! Ari is itching to play outside more, and I think Teri would love to get out of the house and go for some walks. I'm just excited to have a beer on the patio with some meat on the grill.
I will probably be updating this less often now with the pregnancy being over (as you can tell) but I will do my best to keep those interested up to date on things. Take care.


No comments:
Post a Comment