The doctors are sending Teri home today as planned. I took the day off to stay with Ari and so I could pick her up when she is ready to go (which is always unpredictable compared to when they actually say you are leaving). They told her 3:00 today, but it can be earlier or later depending on how fast they discharge her.
They put together a list of IV meds to be on this week, and it was a little overwhelming. Here is the schedule for when she needs to plug in to her meds for the next few days:
Vancomycin:
5:30 a.m.
1:30 p.m.
9:30 p.m.
Cetataz:
7:00 a.m.
3:00 p.m.
11:00 p.m.
TPN/Lipids:
Anytime she chooses, but the bag lasts for 12 hours, and she does twice a day. In other words, she will be plugged in to this one non-stop.
Being that there are so many meds, some need to be put in at the same time. In order to do this, they put in a multi-port PICC line. It is unclear if this schedule will continue after delivery, but this is what they have laid out for now. We are sort of hoping that they lighten it up a little bit because even though the meds help her lungs and therefore give her more energy, they will interfere with her sleep in addition to the baby getting up and crying. While I am home for the first two weeks, I plan on doing night feedings to try and help Teri with this, but we will probably have to take turns once I go back to work so I can function. I will definitely be a tough transition even if we didn't have the IV med schedule, but the meds really adds a whole new element to things.
They have been monitoring the baby once or twice a day while she has been in the hospital, and everything still looks great with him. Teri said he probably feels like he is on vacation since it is so quiet in the hospital and he doesn't hear Ari and Teri talking to each other all day.
Ari and I had a fun this weekend spending time together, going to the mall and Target, and visiting mommy in the "hos-a-ble" (hospital). Things are looking up while we are kind of in limbo until the baby comes, but Teri's spirits are much higher and we are getting excited for baby to come. It's getting close!
No comments:
Post a Comment