I am back from the Bahamas, and it feels good to be home. My trip went pretty well, but it was a long week of work actually. I was able to get outside during the day to have some fun just two times during my entire time at the Atlantis. The first time, I went out with my a buddy of mine and hit up the waterpark. I haven't been to a waterpark probably since I was in high school, so that was pretty fun. Plus, some of the slides were actually pretty intense. The other time I got out was during my last day there, and I went outside and laid on the beach for about 40 min... and got sun burned, ha.
Here are just a few pics from the time I was able to get out and explore the resort. It is definitely an amazing place with lots to look at. Just walking around the property, there are little bays and lagoons full of marine life (as you can see from my pics). Even a couple of the waterslides take you through an aquarium tunnel full of sharks.
This is the view from my room.
This is also taken from the balcony of my room, in the lagoon below there were sand sharks swimming around.
That area connecting the two towers is actually a room that costs something like 10k a night or something ridiculous. The rumor is Michael Jackson used to stay in that room a lot when he visited.
Pretty nice place as you can see. Although I was able to visit a great resort for a week, that is a long time to be away from a 2.5 yr old little girl and a beautiful/fully pregnant wife. Needless to say, I am really glad to be home and anxious for our little fella to come out.
Speaking of him, he is still growing well. At Teri's appointment on Thursday last week, they estimated his current weight at 5 lbs. 4 oz. It is great to hear this information because since we kind of worry about pre-term labor, it is is good to know he is at a fairly healthy weight if things happened sooner than they were supposed to. We are now just over the 34 week mark, so that fact Teri has made it this far seems like a win already.
Another great thing is that Teri is doing her last Vanco treatment as we speak, and her pic line is coming out tomorrow. No more getting up multiple times in the middle of the night to un-plug / plug-in IV meds. There is the fear now of her infection growing back and her coughing getting bad again in the next couple of weeks (which will happen eventually, it is just a matter of how quickly). Like I said though, it is great being at 34 weeks and having the option of the doctors getting the baby out safely if things get real dangerous for Teri.
Yesterday we decorated the baby's room and Ari's room with an art project Teri did with her mom while I was gone. She got the idea from Pinterest where you buy paper that you use for scrap-booking and frame it as art on the wall. Pretty cheap way to make the room look decorated. Here are some pics of Ari showing off her's...
And here are some pics of the new baby's room (work in progress)...
Ari likes to put her stool against the crib and tuck her baby in to go to sleep. Should be interesting when there is a real baby in there, we will really have to watch her to make sure no blankets are put over baby's face. A great example of her maybe being TOO helpful when baby comes.
We are just going to relax for the rest of today, and it is back to the office tomorrow into our old routine.














No comments:
Post a Comment